Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Hunger Games


Finally watched the film adaptation of my favourite book/trilogy today. As rushed as it felt, everything was fit into the film, give or take a few of the more minute details. 
The settings were pretty much exactly the way they were described in the book, and similar to the way I'd imagined them, which is a massive relief- one of the things I dread the most about watching book-turned-films is seeing scenes that I'd already pre-imagined become something completely different. 
It really messes up your visual images of the scenes when you re-read the book later on, as well. 

Overall, I'm fairly satisfied with the way the film turned out. Needless to say, I still prefer the book ten times more, but the film really complements the book. Not to mention, the acting in it was pretty amazing.

1 comment: