Wednesday, October 15, 2014

rexy and max


Last weekend I met the love of my life. Actually, I met the loves of my life. And now I'd like you to meet my two new lovers, Rexy and Max. 

Rexy is the Nikon Df that I have had my eye on since its release late last year/early this year, and Max is the Micro-Nikkor AF-S 105mm f/2.8 IF-ED VR. Max was named simply on the basis of my like for the name. Plus, the macro lens has a maximum zoom function (hahaha, I love puns). 

Rexy, on the other hand, has a more complicated story. For those of you who are also acquainted with my other two siblings will know that our parents, with a fantastic spout of creativity (or ridiculous sense of humour, still not sure which one), named the three of us with names that begin with 'R' and end in 'Y'. Considering this camera is like the new baby of the family, I thought I'd follow the sequence with a name starting with 'R' and ending in 'Y'. It was a lot harder than I thought. I even researched on baby websites to no avail, only finding names that were more like a random mix of letters. Eventually, I stumbled upon 'Rex', and simply added a 'Y' to the end to make 'Rexy'. At first, I was still unsure, but after considering that the name rhymes with 'sexy' and the camera is exactly that (and also because even my most creative friends could only think of names like "Rabies"), the name became more concrete. 

So that, my friends, was the naming process. I'm not sure if you can tell, but all of this studying is really resulting in my sanity slipping away…

Can't wait until all assessment items are over so I can play with my new toys!

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha, oh gosh, I can't believe that I just read a whole blog on naming cameras :P you are so cute :P

    ReplyDelete