Thursday, February 27, 2014

beautiful spaces


I've always been intrigued with interior design and how people position furniture for functional or decorational purposes. Maybe it's the inner snoop, but I always find myself curiously taking everything in when I visit other peoples' homes, during visits to display homes and even in the showrooms at IKEA... A couple of months ago, I was reformed to an addict to a drug, otherwise known as the Houzz iPad app. Endless pages of photos of beautiful spaces in the form of kitchens, backyards, bathrooms, bedrooms, living rooms... You can probably imagine how I easily traded hours of sleep in favour of clicking 'Add to Ideabook' to seemingly every picture. 

Maybe you can tell from these photos, but I'm really fascinated by designs where stunning views are showcased by huge windows. Or even when small windows offer just a mysterious glimpse of a mesmerising view. But I'm still pretty torn between a white, well-lit, clean, sleek and minimalist design to the darker, earthy, warm and homely designs... Also, I know most people have a strong partiality when choosing between mountains or the sea; but, really, for me, it's an impossible settlement.

These are just a few of the designs in my 'Ideabook' that really had me staring and noticing every detail and really ignited a sense of awe. There are a few designs which are really fun and creative, such as that Lego themed play room, but I probably wouldn't incorporate into my own house. 

I don't think I've ever posted about interior design on the blog, actually, so this post may seem kind of unexpected and insignificant, but it's surely just foreshadowing a major change in my life in the not-so-distant future...

No comments:

Post a Comment